If you’ve heard the elusive concept of blended orgasms it’s likely you’ll be left asking – what the hell are they and how do I make it happen? A blended orgasm can be experienced when more than one erogenous zone is stimulated at the same time, leading to climax. Various combinations of stimulation that can lead to a blended orgasm include the gspot and clitoris, the nipples and anus or penis, or the clitoris and neck.
Read on as I answer some of the most common questions I’m asked about blended orgasms, and more importantly how you can experience them!
Does it differ in sensation from a vaginal or clitorial orgasm?
Blended orgam feels will differ for everyone. While we all experience pleasure and sensation differently, people often report that blended orgasms feel like a more intense, full-body experience that can be felt deep within the body. They can invoke leg-trembling, eye-rolling, sound-inducing responses.
Can everyone have a blended orgasm?
We have many erogenous zones on, in and around our body, so yes! Everyone has the mechanics for a blended orgasm by experimenting with various combinations of stimulation, though this doesn’t necessarily mean everyone will or wants to. But you can certainly try!
How can people experience a blended orgasm?
There are many pathways to a blended orgasm, which you can experience by using your hands alone, you can also experiment with vibrators for greater access to pleasure as you explore dual stimulation. The We-Vibe Nova 2 is a fantastic example of a toy that reaches both the gspot and clitoris at the same time.
Follow these five steps towards experiencing a blended orgasm, remembering to take things at your own pace and follow where the pleasure takes you.
- With one hand, fingers or your Nova 2 vibrator, start to stimulate the clitoris. Find a technique that is most arousing for you. Use your fingers or palm to provide pressure in a repetitive motion, moving back and forth or in a circular motion.
- The more aroused you are, the easier and more pleasurable it’ll be to find and stimulate your g spot. When you’re ready, insert the g spot stimulator, adjusting the positioning until you find pleasure. To find your g spot, insert fingers into your vagina using a come hither motion, and hook your finger/s upward toward your belly button. When you’re aroused your g spot will be engorged and supple.
- Explore the vibration settings for the clitorial and g spot stimulators seperately and together; as your arousal builds, explore pressure, speed, and rhythm.
- When you’re feeling ready to climax, start stimulating your clitoris and gspot at the same time, following the pleasure.
- Don’t forget to breathe, move, sound and touch yourself – this is where the ergonomic handle comes in use, as it frees up one hand and allows you to stimulate other erogenous zones, like your nipples or stomach!
Can you have a blended orgasm with your partner?
Absolutely! You can follow the guide above and invite your partner to stimulate your body. Some may find it slightly more tricky with a partner, as blended orgasms really require you to understand your body, listen to what you want, make it happen and follow pleasure. But, with good communication, curiosity and presence – anything can happen. Toys can also help in this regard, freeing up yours and your partner’s hands, meaning you could potentially have 4 hands on you, stimulating many erogenous zones – it doesn’t get more blended than that.
Are there any sex positions or solo positions that help you achieve a blended orgasm?
This will be different for everyone, and will also depend on the erogenous zones you want to stimulate. To discover your erogenous zones and how to easily, consistently stimulate them, try them all! Standing, sitting, propped up by a cushion, on a chair, and more – feel free to be creative with positions to discover what feels best for you.
What are your top tips for blended orgasms?
- Set the scene: Set yourself up in a comfortable space that is conducive of a good time – your bed, a bath or your favourite spot in the lounge room. Play music that arouses you, keep your lube close by and do anything else that gets you in the mood.
- Release into it: Use your breath, movement, sound and touch to arouse your body. Relax your body, unclench your jaw and let go of any tension in your body. This will also support you in being present, feeling more sensation and releasing into the pleasure.
- Toys: Experimenting with vibrators is a great way to explore blended pleasure through dual stimulation. Without the help of a toy, reaching both hot-spots at the same time can be difficult or seem like a lot of work, which can be a bit of a buzz-kill, especially if this type of pleasure is new.
- Take orgasm off the cards and don’t put too much pressure on yourself! Any time there is more pressure than pleasure, you’ll be thinking rather than feeling, and if you’re not ‘feeling’, you probably won’t be embodied enough to experience any sensation, let alone pleasure. Instead, come back to your body, rid yourself of expectations and follow your curiosity and pleasure.
I didn’t purchase my first vibrator until I was in my 30s. Like most women, I’d been raised to believe that sex and masturbation were dirty, and typically saw my role in the bedroom as providing pleasure to my partner. My own pleasure was typically an afterthought, and, to be honest, I was usually left frustrated. The truth was, I didn’t know my body, at all…